CREEPYCON 2018 WILL BE HELD AT THE WORLD'S FAIR EXHIBITION HALL IN DOWNTOWN KNOXVILLE
You may apply for one of the following categories:
(Final category placement is at the discretion of the judges and contest organizers)
Original Concept - This is for those original creations or designs that fall into the spirit of Creepycon. Any original costume is welcome to enter in this category.
Lookalike - A recreation of a specific character or of another person's design. In this category, please provide the judges with reference photos so that they are able to judge you fairly if they are not familiar with the source material.
Group - Either original concept or a recreation, if you are entering with two or more people, then this is the category for you! If entering as a group, please only fill out one entry form. Please also provide a name for your group at the time you enter.
If you aren't sure what category to select, please send us an e-mail at email@example.com
All costumes will be judged on the following criteria:
1. All participants must purchase Creepycon admission for the day of the event.
2. All participants must fill out the costume contest entry form. Incomplete entries may lead to disqualification or an inability to walk the stage.
3. Participants must be at least 13 years old to compete.
4. Each contestant is able to enter one (1) costume into (1) category. If you enter as a group, you are not eligible to compete as an individual as well.
5. You must participate in pre-judging to be eligible for a prize. If you miss your pre-judging slot, time conflicts may not allow for rescheduling. If you cannot make the timeslot allotted to you, please let the Costume Contest Coordinator know as soon as possible to attempt rescheduling.
6. Contestants must be available to line up at 5:30pm, giving them 30 minutes prior to the contest to prepare final costume adjustments and check in for the stage presentation. Being late for line-up may result in being unable to walk the stage or compete.
7. Creepycon has the right to reject any entry based on inappropriate, unsafe, or illegal behavior or a violation of convention rules. Please be courteous to your other attendees and contestants.
1. All costumes are welcome. This includes purchased, commissioned or homemade. However, extra points will be awarded for creativity and skill.
2. No profanity, political or religious statements are allowed on stage. This includes anything on clothing or any visible signs. Anyone who violates this rule may be removed from the contest immediately. If you have questions about your costume, please ask in advance by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Costumes cannot endorse any real hate groups.
4. No electrical power connections will be provided. If your costume requires power, you must have it built into the costume.
5. Contestants must be able to enter and exit the stage in costume. If you require assistance (a handler, etc) or other accommodations, please speak with the Costume Contest Coordinator before the event.
6. Any weapon or prop permitted at the convention center is allowed on stage for this event. Contestants are expected to act responsibly with all props.
7. No throwing of any weapon or prop will be allowed on stage. This includes: glitter, confetti, fake blood, feathers, sand or other material. Tossing an object or doing a stunt on stage may be allowed but must be cleared with the Costume Contest Coordinator beforehand.
At the time of registration, the contestant will be given a 15 minute time slot. Contestant will need to arrive at the judging area at this time in full costume.
If contestant has a conflict with their assigned time slot, please speak with someone at the Costume Contest Registration/Check-in table and the coordinator will try to work around this conflict to make sure the contestant has enough time for prejudging before the contest begins.